AVIC411.com

possibly installing F700, quick question

Hey everyone, first post here. I just bought the F700 for my 2010 Corolla, but I'm having some second thoughts on whether to actually go through with getting it installed after reading some of the things people on here and around the internet have to say about the unit. I don't want to install something in a brand new car that I'm gonna regret. I'd be installing the XM, iPod cable, and steering wheel control adapter with it.

For those with experience with this unit, should I go through with it? Thanks.

I installed the F700 about 5 months ago in a 2006 Vibe. The unit came with the 2.0 update and the only mod I have done to it was the parking brake bypass. I did the hardware bypass. I really like this unit. I have very little bad to say. I have a ipod hooked up and I use a motoV3 phone. The ipod has only given me 1 problem, and that was the ipod locking up. I had to do a reset on the ipod and all has been fine since. I do find the maps on the GPS to be outdated compared to a year older TomTom, yet they should have a new map update out soon.

As for the phone I transferred all my contacts at once and it worked great. Also the voice calling works great. I did have a moto hands free in the car before I bought this unit and all the people I have talked to say I now sound clearer then before.

As for startup time if I have the radio or ipod on when I turned the car off I get music in about 10 seconds, the GPS is up in about 30 to 45 seconds, the blue tooth is up yet not ready to work in about 1 min. If I wait to make a call after about 1.5 to 2 minuets all works great. So i find the startup time to be OK.

For the money I have no problems with this unit so I would say go for it.

Dave Z