AVIC411.com

just resently i decided to put a sound system in my car to try out my 90bt since i never had before... well it sounds great beautiful bass.... but every time i turn it up my unit looses connection with the gps satellites... i have the antenna on top of the rear window break light.... could the bass be affecting it? it only happens when i turn the bass up.... also its been cloudy over here but the problem still only happens when i turn the bass up.... i checked all connections (all connections are good) and even asked around.... i was told that the antennas are built pretty solid so this shouldnt happen..... anyone have any ideas on a way to fix this?

just resently i decided to put a sound system in my car to try out my 90bt since i never had before... well it sounds great beautiful bass.... but every time i turn it up my unit looses connection with the gps satellites... i have the antenna on top of the rear window break light.... could the bass be affecting it? it only happens when i turn the bass up.... also its been cloudy over here but the problem still only happens when i turn the bass up.... i checked all connections (all connections are good) and even asked around.... i was told that the antennas are built pretty solid so this shouldnt happen..... anyone have any ideas on a way to fix this?

maybe the loud bass is causing the antenna to vibrate? just my 2c

maybe the loud bass is causing the antenna to vibrate? just my 2c

maybe but aren't this antennas suppose to work still as i was told they were built pretty solid so i was told.... =[ this sucks i guess ill have to completely relocate it and thats gonna be a big pain... or anyone think it could also be that i might need a new antenna?

If it's a separate sub/bass unit, perhaps you are overloading the power capabilities of your wiring, depending on where and how you are tapping into the car systems. This would lead to a voltage drop, which could cause spurious problems with the F90. It is after all, simply a purpose-built computer. While a typical starter battery can supply sufficient power for transients like bass, the wiring itself may not be able to carry that power, causing it to heat up instead.

If you are feeding power off of the conventional OEM radio circuit, I would expect the OEM fuse to blow before this would be a problem. If you bypassed or up-rated the fuse, all bets are off. Doing so could also cause a fire...

If you are just using the F90 by itself, the only thing that I could think of would be a loose or partial connection somewhere that gets flaky when substantial power is called for. Driving bass takes considerably more power than higher frequencies since you have to move more air. Check to be sure that all connectors are firmly seated in the radio and elsewhere. It could even be something as silly as the GPS antenna connection has come partially loose, and vibrates enough with strong bass to interrupt the circuit. Hopefully, your wiring harness is soldered directly, rather than attached via insulation-piercing taps (aka vampire taps).

How is gps activated on N95, do i have to contact operator or what , how to do it in India, Mumbai?

I know that the new Nokia N95 has built in GPS. But how to use it. How to activate GPS, whome to contact. I am from Mumbai, India, anyone knows the procedure here.

GPS is a free service that can be received anywhere, for free.You don't have to do anything.....

some phone companys make you pay them to use the gps on the phones, but i'm confused why we are talking about gps on phones when we have gps in our avics

They can charge you for location based services, but not for GPS....