AVIC411.com

What hardware does the F90BT use

Does anyone know what hardware is actually used in the unit. I figure it has to be a basic computer because it runs windows CE. any details or links to information would be great.

Use the forum search to look for some of carver's posts in the Hacks/Mods forum. He's done a teardown of his system to show off the Navi and AV boards inside. My teardown's postponed while I wait for some cables from the seller.

Basics:

- SiRF (formally Centrality) Titan ARM SoC

- Flash mem

- Parrot bluetooth dongle hacked to be controlled by Titan via UART

- uCOM controller device on the AV board, controlled by Titan via UART (controls audio source switching, volume, etc)

- e-Volume device on the AV board that takes Navi, AV1, AV2, FM, IPBus audio inputs and outputs the right one to the pre-out and amp.

thank you. i am thinking about doing a car PC and moving my radio to another car of mine.

Well, a word of caution then: the AVIC-F isn't quite ready to be your general purpose Car PC (yet :twisted:). There's been some effort to get the internal hardware/software architecture figured out, but at this time we still can't control the audio source switching, radio tuning, iPod and several other features. Rest assured it's being worked on, but when I got involved with the AVIC-F90BT it was because I didn't think I had the time to build the Mini-ITX Car PC I had in mind... Almost a year later, this thing has consumed enough of my time trying to hack it to fix all the annoyances that I might as well have gone the home-brew PC + Touchscreen + Amp route. :lol:

Just my $0.02.