AVIC411.com

Samsung Epix Bluetooth Issue

Does anyone else have the Samsung Epix and having issues with the Bluetooth? I can get the phone to connect no problem but I cant get the contacts to transfer and there is a nasty delay from the time you start the call until the audio actually starts coming out. The delay is so bad that by the time the audio kicks in the person you are calling has hung up.

I was doing some searching and I can't really find anything. I have a F700BT that came right out of the box with the 2.0 Firmware on it, and I haven't done anything else to it other than the Software video hack.

Thanks for any help.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm trying this out right now.

Currently:

I can get a bluetooth connection and make a call using the phone pad on the F700. That works fine.

Can't transfer contacts. First and foremost, I've noticed that the Epix is INCREDIBLY SLOW while its got a bluetooth connection to the F700. I assume this is because it is making itself busy sending constant battery life indicator & signal strength information. But that's just a guess.

If I try to beam a contact, the phone goes to step where you pick a bluetooth device to send to - but the F700 isn't listed (even though its already connected). The phone scans for bluetooth devices endlessly and that's where I'm stuck.

I'm leaning towards this being an Epix problem. I've seen this Epix be pretty flaky with bluetooth in using it with my computer.

WOW!! All my contacts just showed up on my 700BT.

The Epix never gave any indication that it was transferring my contacts. In fact, it sat there forever on lots of attempts I made to search for a bluetooth device to beam the contacts to.

Now I said the Epix was behaving really really slowly every time I pulled up my contacts on the Epix. So now I'm guessing there's some kind of sync thing going on that transfers all the contacts every time you pull up the list. It takes a long time to finish.

So anyway, eventually all my contacts just magically showed up on my 700BT.

Now on to the next problem....my Epix contact list has multiple phone numbers for people like "Anita", for example. All of these numbers made it to the 700BT. But unfortunately "Anita" is now listed multiple times on the 700BT with no indication of a) the number for the contact (can't see it until you dial it), or B) whether or not the number is for home, work, cell, etc...

I'd like to at least figure out how to edit the contacts on the 700BT so I can indicate home, work, cell, etc..