AVIC411.com

Broken Touch-Panel (story+pic+questions) Help plz?

It was a warm, quiet night in San Antonio and I had just finished seeing a good friend I hadn't seen in a while. We said our good byes, i got in my car and pushed go home. (I should be able to do this, right?) An hour and a half later, I took a detour because the freeway was closed on the route home. I thought hmm I'd better zoom out and see where I am.

So, the D3 routed me toward houston, south toward downtown san an, back away from houston, then to this downtown loop to get me onto I10. After seeing the route that I had driven I look at the clock, 10:45pm. I've been driving for 1.5hrs and I'm still 4 hours away from home, and only 14 short miles from my friends house. This was incredibly frustrating as I had a meeting in Houston at 7am sharp and sleep was nowhere in sight..

Really did you just fucking route me all these ridiculous ass routes and drive me in circles when i'm in this much of a hurry to get home!?

Dammit.

You mean this thing is capable of being less useful than it already is? aww man.

haha anyways, any ideas on how its assembled? Is the touch screen seperate from the LCD or is it all one nice "Touch Display" package to screw you on pricing/replacement.

Just so you guys don't burn me for asking- I'd take it apart and check it out but I'd like to keep the settings saved on the radio til I can fix the screen coz I can't change any settings without a screen. (at least my colors still match and the time is correct)

The unit still functions properly and has no issues besides the fact that I cannot use any functions accessible via the touchscreen.

I've done some searching for the screen without much result, any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1. Is it more cost-effective to replace the unit?

2. If no, where can I find/obtain/steal/order this part and how much is it? Is this from a reputable dealer ?

3. Is there a guide or service manual available for the avic-d3 so I know specifically how to replace it?

4. Is there a repair shop where I could send my unit to be repaired if I was unable to perform such actions on my own?

Thanks so much for reading+replying and helpin out,

Chris

for those who want it:

2007 Nissan Versa SL CVT

Pioneer AVIC-D3 (addons: ipod, sirius, steering wheel controls)

Precision Power PC-450 4ch amp manufacture dates on both amps are '98 handmade in the USA :)

Precision Power PC-2100 2ch mono amp

Alpine Type-R Components in the front

Alpine Type-R 2ways in the back

2 Alpine Type-R 10" subs, bridged and stable at 4ohm (due to amp)

Optima YellowTop battery

3 capacitors in the back before distribution block, 4awg wire 150a fuse. 0awg ground from batt.

Voltage usually holds steady unless max vol @ idle.

post-35387-12872757712058_thumb.jpg