AVIC411.com

Please Help!! Nav Guide Mode Not Working!!

My Nav guide mode is grayed out and I get no turn by turn voice guidance. Microphone works fine with voice command. I can clearly hear the lady's voice but the guide mode function is always off. I have subs and amp connected in the back. Everything was professionally installed but this was their first z1. Also the vehicle dynamics does not work and nav does not re-route itself. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
By the way my car is a 01 lexus is300.
Give it some time, it takes a while for the system to calibrate itself. Check the VSS wire (Vehicle Speed Sense wire).

Hit:

MENU - SETTINGS (tab) - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

and drive around and check the "speed sense" line. What the installer could have screwed up is not hooking up that line, that line should not be 0 when you drive around. I don't know what number is what MPH for your car, but it should go up and down.

If it does change, then just give it 100 miles of driving. You can also check:

MENU - SETTINGS (tab) - HARDWARE - 3d something (second from the left I believe)

And check the state, it should say calibrating or simple hybrid or 3d hybrid.

I think that when 3d hybrid comes it all the vehicle dynamics will start working.

Guide mode is weird, it's not always available, you need a route programmed in, then it's usually selectable. And the nav should re-route itself if you go off course. But for the first 100 or so miles of driving it's calibrating and it will have some options not availalbe. Those could be them.
The installer said I needed to calibrate it (I don't know what that means) but I'm guessing the system does that itself. He says he's positive that he hooked up the vss wire correctly.
The speed sense line always range from 68-70, nothing less, nothing more even when I'm parked.
In the 3d something, it doesn't say anthing about calibrating, simple hybrid or 3d hybrid. The speed pulse is always around 650,000 and the learning status says "sensor initializing." It also says I'm going 37 mph when I'm parked.
I tried using the guide mode when returning home. I have home programmed so shouldn't it work? or do I have to input an address each time?
Thanks for your help, Ducati...
[quote name="lexychick"]The installer said I needed to calibrate it (I don't know what that means) but I'm guessing the system does that itself. He says he's positive that he hooked up the vss wire correctly.
The speed sense line always range from 68-70, nothing less, nothing more even when I'm parked.
In the 3d something, it doesn't say anthing about calibrating, simple hybrid or 3d hybrid. The speed pulse is always around 650,000 and the learning status says "sensor initializing." It also says I'm going 37 mph when I'm parked.
I tried using the guide mode when returning home. I have home programmed so shouldn't it work? or do I have to input an address each time?
Thanks for your help, Ducati...[/quote]

If the speed sense line says 68-70 even when parked, then your installer didn't hook the VSS wire correctly or the Z1 is fried. That's not supposed to happen. The Speed Sense line should change with your speed.

And if it thinks you are going 37 mph when you are parked that proves it. You either need to remove the VSS wire from whatever your installer had it hooked to or connect it to the right VSS wire and reset the 3d connection info.

Then it will auto calibrate when you drive around.

Fix that first and your other problems will fix themselves.