AVIC411.com

Is this right? F500BT & ND-G500 Install

Been reading and reading and still need a little confirmation. I'm installing the F500BT into my Subaru that already has a Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD - 4 channel amp and Pioneer Components.

Recently got in on one of the F500BT & ND-500 deals -

okay enough of all that... now my question..

If I understand correctly, Seems like the easist way to install this would be with the Parrot Quick Connect QCSub-1 tying directly into the factory harness.. but I read this for cars with factory systems...is this also true if you have an aftermarket setup?

Please point me in the right direction..

thanks in advance.

that depends. Is your new system installed using the cars original connector? Some stereos are installed by connecting the stereo wires to a plug you can buy that fits your car connector. Then your car connector is still intact. But if they cut the wires and cut the plug off the car and hard wired them, then you have a lot more work to install. Take a look at your existing wiring to see if they used a plugin connector or it is hard wired. If it is a plugin, you are right. you just need the parrot quick connector.

that depends. Is your new system installed using the cars original connector? Some stereos are installed by connecting the stereo wires to a plug you can buy that fits your car connector. Then your car connector is still intact. But if they cut the wires and cut the plug off the car and hard wired them, then you have a lot more work to install. Take a look at your existing wiring to see if they used a plugin connector or it is hard wired. If it is a plugin, you are right. you just need the parrot quick connector.

Yes the factory connector is intact. I installed the Pioneer HU with a harness/connector adaptor. Wired the HU to the adaptor and pluged directly into the factory stereo connector.

:D

Posted this elsewhere, posted here again for you:

It isn't so hard to install really. What you need is a parrot connector. It will connect to those weird connectors on the amp and allow you to plug them into your car. What you want to find is a parrot connector for a 2001 chevy impala. I bought one from this site for a 2001 4runner. Connected it to the amp cable and plugged it right into my car and into my car stereo without cutting a single wire. That assumes that your after market radio is not hard wired to your car. If your car stereo is installed by using a plug in connector you are set. You have to verify that the original OEM connector on your car is still intact.

The parrot connector will simply go between the ISO connectors on the amp cable and make them fit your cars connector. on one end you plug it into the cars plugins and on the other end you plug the cable from your stereo into the parrot connector. That is it. done.

http://www.hawkexpress.com/index.cfm?fu ... t_ID=53321 The GM-GMC Harnesses QCGM-2 Non-Bose should fit your car if you don't have Bose. You may have to call for pricing. tell them you saw it for $20 in a google product search. That is what it is listed at. I got mine for $18.

http://www.igo8mods.com Dimka Skin Web Site

Thanks for the info, but why would I want a 2001 Chevy Impala Parrot adaptor when the install in going in my 07 Subaru?

it is a cut and paste from another forum post. I forgot about that... i should have reread it before posting. but you get the idea... sorry about the confusion.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info, but why would I want a 2001 Chevy Impala Parrot adaptor when the install in going in my 07 Subaru?

it is a cut and paste from another forum post. I forgot about that... i should have reread it before posting. but you get the idea... sorry about the confusion.

I don't think this is correct.. Using the Parrot Connector seems to be bypassing the amplifier and runing off the HU power. Going to have to tie in the speaker wires from the amp, not from the HU.

You have a slight dilemma with using a sub amp.

One way to try to do this is to splice into the speaker-out wiring (L/R rear +/-) on the ND-G500. That is on the large connector (double plug size). This is sending the audio back to your speakers. It has the AVIC produced audio inserted via the ND-G500. The AVIC info is then amplified within the ND-G500. The HU audio is not amplified and just passed thru the ND-G500 using whatever amplification your head unit produces.

See if your AMP can handle this amplified output (amplified? audio produced by the HU and the amplified AVIC audio produced by the ND-G500). If it can not, you are in trouble with the F500. Wiring Spliced before the ND-G500 amplification (small speaker wire plug on harness) will not contain any AVIC audio content.

You may use the F500 L/R audio-out with no amplification, but this is already a wordy post.... reply if we need to discuss that option, but the ND-G500 would then not be used...

Kinda got the same problem here...i have my 4 speakers running of the HU and a subwoofer running of an external amp to the HU preamped inputs. Does anyone know how I should connect the subwoofer to the NDG500 to make it function.

you know what would make this a very easy install, ditch the 500 and replace the 4000 with a 700, 710, 900, or 910.

then instead of tring to get every thing to work together there is just IT working.

or use audio out on the f500 to an input on the 4000 and not use the f500's amp, your going to run into problems tring to get the amp(4ch) to run into another amp(ndg500) and then out not to mention the sub

the point of the f500 is for people thet have very simple stereo systems (factory or near factory) and dont want to spend a lot of money upgrading there entire system (which you have already done) it doeant even work very well with factory premium sound systems.

that just my two cents

the F500 scenario you propose may have a major shortcoming..... can you combine outputs so that your audio for routing and other spoken AVIC ouput will mute your HU (4000) source?.... or can it feed thru the 4000 and be heard even without muting the HU source?

I have an older Eclass that i did not want to change from oem... it fortunately has a 2+" recess in front of the radio (radio set back 2" from console trim). I installed the F500 with friction hinges to tilt up to access the radio controls, but the F500 is visible at all other times. works perfect for me and looks near built in due to the 2" allowing the F500 to be flush with the console...

I get the functionality of the existing radio along with a stock interior. I modified a hidden (from view) part of the wood trim to hold the AVIC support I fabbed. I modded a purchased piece of wood trim from Ebay just in case I decide to do anything crazy like retore this puppy as a collector down the road - i'd just put the original trim piece back)

you know what would make this a very easy install, ditch the 500 and replace the 4000 with a 700, 710, 900, or 910.

then instead of tring to get every thing to work together there is just IT working.

or use audio out on the f500 to an input on the 4000 and not use the f500's amp, your going to run into problems tring to get the amp(4ch) to run into another amp(ndg500) and then out not to mention the sub

the point of the f500 is for people thet have very simple stereo systems (factory or near factory) and dont want to spend a lot of money upgrading there entire system (which you have already done) it doeant even work very well with factory premium sound systems.

that just my two cents