AVIC411.com

N4 turns on but no lights on screen or buttons

I recently removed my N4 from my old car and am putting it in my new one. I had it all connected and it appeared to be working fine, but once I put everything back in the dash, the N4 would come on, the screen would flip out, but nothing would light up (the button lights, or the screen). I believe I can eject the disk but it doesn't seem like all of the buttons are functional (I can't tell though, it may just be that it wants to run through setup). I pulled it back out and the problem went away, then put it back in and the problem went from intermittent to permanent. Now it doesn't matter whether it's in or out of the dash, it powers up but doesn't light up.

Any thoughts? Thanks very much for your help.

• 1 month later...

I currently have the same issue iwht my N3. I move the hide-Away unit from underneath the passenger's seat to underneath the dash pocket (2004 Honda Accord). The radio was working fine, but suddently it would not turn on. I open the location where the hide-away unit is located in order to check for blown fuse. Everything is fine. However, the N3 turns-on and the screens pop out, but none of the buttons function and screen is blank. I un-plug the cable from hide-away and head unit, the perform a reset, and still nothing.

Any one has any suggestions?