AVIC411.com

I like to move some things around on the naviscreen, but i'm totaly new to it, where do i start and how do i know what is what?

Do you know anything about programming? If you do, figuring out .UI files isn't that difficult, at least for minor changes. If you don't, start reading hack threads (start with the older ones, say the one about removing green boxes or adding delete route button to the map screen) to see how simple mods are handled...

I know dor moving things i need to change the x en y coordinates, but how do i know what i'm moving?

If it is a piece of text, the name of the object or its textmodel would tell you what it is. I.e., in navigatemap_800_480 there's a text object called sprNMINextStreetName and it has a textmodel of "navigation.nextstreet" Logically, it would be the text that has name of the stret you turn on next when navigating.

For pictures etc., look at the name of the object, and also check the bitmap it references. That will tell you what it looks like...

Only problem is that a good majority of the bitmaps are unviewable.

To view the bmp's, extract them from the zip and install the program from the link below. Then you'll should be able to view 'em all.

http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/

Thats a dead link...

I now used this program, to move some things around: http://www.andreavb.com/igo8/

Only problem is that a good majority of the bitmaps are unviewable.

To view the bmp's, extract them from the zip and install the program from the link below. Then you'll should be able to view 'em all.

http://www.rc-dev.com/i3t/

Thats a dead link...

I now used this program, to move some things around: http://www.andreavb.com/igo8/

Seems to be down right now... Try googling for "Ipaq image explorer".

OK, I made some modifications, to navigatemap.ui, then rezipped the data.zip with 7zip and with winrar, but bothtimes the avic don't see it. It says: "cannot find the program database". When i put back the old data.zip everything is fine.

So what settings should i use for zipping?

OK, I made some modifications, to navigatemap.ui, then rezipped the data.zip with 7zip and with winrar, but bothtimes the avic don't see it. It says: "cannot find the program database". When i put back the old data.zip everything is fine.

So what settings should i use for zipping?

This isn't a normal message you should expect from a bad DATA.ZIP. Are you moving around anything else at all?

no nothing at all, and as i said, when i put back the data.zip, it's ok again...

this (wince)message only shows up for a split second, and then is says "system startup in progress" and after a few minutes it restarts.

But really how do i do the zipping or is windwos vista the problem and should i use XP instead?

no nothing at all, and as i said, when i put back the data.zip, it's ok again...

this (wince)message only shows up for a split second, and then is says "system startup in progress" and after a few minutes it restarts.

But really how do i do the zipping or is windwos vista the problem and should i use XP instead?

I think i figured it out, the program i was using fucked up the structure of navigate.ui so i did it manual, and now it's working like a charm! :twisted:

I think i figured it out, the program i was using fucked up the structure of navigate.ui so i did it manual, and now it's working like a charm! :twisted:

Good. Most people use WinRAR or 7-ZIP do zip-up files.