AVIC411.com

Can't do 2 wire bypass, what next?

So I've been watching this forum for about the last week since I purchased a used Z1 off of a different car forum. I have done a ton of research, and aside from deciding that I am definitely going to contact garrett about that Z3 upgrade, I also really want to get the 2 wire bypass to work since I will be upgrading to the Z3 and the 2-wire bypass should work.

Here is my problem though. In the instructions for the 2-wire bypass, it says to move the mute wire down one slot into the "bottom left" slot of the connector 1 harness. Unfortunately I already have a wire coming out of that slot, it is labeled "Wired Remote Control" and is blue/white. This wire is necessary for my car's integrated factory amp control, I get no sound whatsoever out of my speakers if I don't connect this wire to my car's factory amp wire.

I tried looking around on here, maybe I'm not researching enough but if someone knows what else I could possibly do to get the bypass to work since the traditional 2-wire bypass won't work for me. Am I just SOL?

Thanks in advance!

oh wow... talk about foot in mouth, facepalm, etc. I read that like twice and totally did not catch you move the wire out of connector one and place it in connector two. I read the instructions on a different site, I think it was for a D series and since the pics looked very similar I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to the wording... duh!

Thanks for the fast response!