AVIC411.com

Desperate for Touchscreen alignment

Im a brand new member and am currently replacing my moded upgraded avic d1 to a f900bt. im excited about the transition, however part of the deal means my d1 goes to my little brother for his birthday. wouldnt you know it: as soon as my f900 arrives, my d1 develops touch panel issues! i've been more than impressed by this forum- and have followed for a while without registering. i've found much needed helpful information on downgrading to the oe maps- successfully (THANKS!!) however the info offered on screen alignment - hasnt worked so great. Several times the instructions mention "patience", but everything i do seems to make it worse! i went from having an insensitive lower right corner to losing most function on the right half of the screen. Tracing the white box has been totally unsuccessful. i just dont want to believe its a digitizer problem - because the panel seems to fully recognize. There is an e-bay service that seems to offer a guaranteed fix for $80- but i'm sceptical. time is of the essence because my bro's birthday is coming quick- and i cant give him a bum unit- but money is at a minimum (isnt it for everyone?) ANY help would be super appreciated- DESPERATE!! PLEASE HELP- THANKS too much