AVIC411.com

Avic-Z2 Firmware Update Fail

I upgraded from a Avic-d1 to a Avic-Z2 about 2 weeks ago. So far I have done the bypass update and the gracenotes update. However EVERY time I try to do the pioneer firmware update it goes through the process, gets to the "This Program Is Being Updated...". Then it Fails and reboots and tries again. I let it try multiple times and still the same result. I left the disc in overnight and tried let it try again in the morning and same result. I burned new discs 3 times with windows burning program and Nero. Same result. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

If memory serves, you just have to keep rebooting. You should notice that the % complete bar still keeps counting up even though it says it fails. I recall going through this with mine and it took some time as well was very frustrating. Another option is to purchase an already updated hard drive from a certain member here that sells them...

What program are you using to burn the CD? Nevermind, I see you're using Nero. What brand of CD? I've heard that some types don't work so well. I use standard CD-R's from Office Depot. Never have an issue. There are also other "rules" for buring CDs mentioned in the manual.