AVIC411.com

Cool portable navigation PC $269

I saw this posted on a couple of the deals forums. It seemed like an interesting toy for the price. I'm picturing it could be integrated into the dash of vehicles with limited depth. Thoughts? I didn't buy it, but it seemed like a good basis for a Car PC project.

http://www.buy.com/prod/advent-adv3500p ... 23759.html

This is one powerful unit.? Use it in your vehicle, at home, at the office, at your favorite coffee stop, or anywhere you please.? It?has a Windows XP operating system, 30GB Hard Drive, Wi-Fi, and?an advanced GPS system with full maps of?the USA and Canada with turn by?turn verbal instructions (even speaks?street names!). ?The Advent ADV3500PC 7-inch Windows XP Personal Computer with built-in portable navigation and Wi-Fi is powered by a 256MB memory and supported by a 30GB hard drive. The TV screen panel delivers a crystal-clear panel resolution of 800 x 480. Navigation includes full U.S./Canada mapping. It has a built-in Card Reader and two USB ports. The ADV3500PC is MP3 and Video Playback Compatible and comes with a headphone jack, rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery, windshield mounting bracket, AC/DC adapters and a full functioning remote control. It is one of the first products to truly provide all of the features of a PC in an Ultra Mobile device designed for business and personal needs and with GPS Navigation and Bluetooth functions added.

Features

1.8? 30 GB Hard Drive

AC/DC Adapters

Bluetooth

Built-In Card Reader and Two USB Ports

Full Functioning Remote Control

Headphone Jack

Includes Windshield Mounting Bracket

MP3 and Video Playback Compatible

Panel Resolution 800 x 480

Rechargeable Li-Polymer Battery

Turn By Turn Voice Prompts