AVIC411.com

Hi guys, new to the forum, my first post! So I just bought my f90bt and installed it in my 2009 dodge challenger. got it bypassed n that was it. no hacks or mod (other then bypass). everything was working fine, then today it happened. Drove the car for 15mins on the fwy and the system started to reboot. thought nothing of it. The unit turned right back on and everything was working fine again. then roughly 10mins later, it rebooted again. After the reboot, again, everything worked fine again. Drove all the way home for another 20mins without any problems(i was just button crunching on the unit trying to just fine a reason why it would reboot while i was driving and no problem). Now i am paranoid. any explanations? I am hoping a hard reset would do the trick? Thank you so much for taking your time to read this post. please help.

did you use a regular harness or a harness with a intergration module, i have seen a few chryslers do weird things (shutting off and restarting being one of the most common) the modules seem to misinturpet some signals sent over the CAN system, you can try running your own ACC wire (the wire that shows 12v when the key is on) from somewhere like the cig socket (or power port) and then see if a solid ACC signal fixes the problem, however there also seem to be quite a few problem with the units themselfs just rebooting and in that case "off to pioneer" seems to be the way to fix it

This question is to Whoie15.

After your system reboots, what does it do?

1. Does it play music again (as if you turn off your car and then turn back on)?

2. Does it stay at the opening screen (DESTINATION/CONTACTS/SOURCE)?

If it's #1, check your power supply. My case is #2. It's not a simple power drop or anything. The unit resets itself and settings such as "AV1 source - IPOD" gets resetted to OFF.

Thank you soo much guys for replying back. SPACEMAN SPIFF, it is option 1. It basically turns off and right back on. It would to the splash screen, which says "pioneer". ALso, it would continue the song where i left off. This would happen randomly, does not need to be at any option screen. My boss, who is an engineer simply told me something like you SPACEMAN. He is convinced that it is the power supply. He tells me since your unit works fine when your car is not in motion , it can only be the power. Would you agree SPACEMAN?.As for the harness question, sorry But i do not have an answer for that. I had it "professionally installed", now i am having doubts. Thought the place i went to did have credibility. They did do work on my friend's sl55, s600, and 6series. So i am totally out of ideas. I do not want to return this unit and have to pay restockin fee and shipping. I am convinced that it is not a defective unit either. Too many with my problem would return their unit to pioneer, receive a new one, and same thing would happen to them.

well as for the harness question, did you pay around $20-$30 = regular harness, $100+ intergration module harness

its the intergration harness that have been the power supply problem for a lot of people in the past, they misinturpet a CAN signal (like rolling down the windows) and the module gets confused and shut down for a second which tell the radio to shut off and turn back on

so if you can have a ACC wire that is not ran through the module, it will either fix the problem, or confirm that the problem is a defect in the unit itself.