AVIC411.com

Carputer on 700

Essentially what I did, was turn my f700bt into a monitor. I purchased a mini computer, a usb powered pc to tv converter, and a simply power inverter from walmart. I mounted the computer then ran a VGA cord from the computer to the pc/tv converter, and finally ran a Video cord from the converter to the f700bt unit. Now there are two ways to connect the video: 1) plug the video into the line for your backup camera (which I did) 2.) get a signal splitter for AV1 if you are using an IPOD. Now when you are going to use the IPOD you must put the AV1 on the IPOD setting and when you will be using the computer, you must put AV1 on the video setting.

I decided to go this route because I did not want to go into my unit and change all kinds of codes. Plus, I have read so many threads on here that so ideas work and some don't. Many people are racking their brains on how to use the modem on there phones to get internet connection for their unit, I just decided to use a third party. As for that, my phone (HTC Touch Pro) is being used as a modem and now I can have internet access in my car. My unit is just serving as a monitor.

If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I will gladly post plenty of them.

Essentially what I did, was turn my f700bt into a monitor. I purchased a mini computer, a usb powered pc to tv converter, and a simply power inverter from walmart. I mounted the computer then ran a VGA cord from the computer to the pc/tv converter, and finally ran a Video cord from the converter to the f700bt unit. Now there are two ways to connect the video: 1) plug the video into the line for your backup camera (which I did) 2.) get a signal splitter for AV1 if you are using an IPOD. Now when you are going to use the IPOD you must put the AV1 on the IPOD setting and when you will be using the computer, you must put AV1 on the video setting.

I decided to go this route because I did not want to go into my unit and change all kinds of codes. Plus, I have read so many threads on here that so ideas work and some don't. Many people are racking their brains on how to use the modem on there phones to get internet connection for their unit, I just decided to use a third party. As for that, my phone (HTC Touch Pro) is being used as a modem and now I can have internet access in my car. My unit is just serving as a monitor.

If someone can tell me how to post pictures, I will gladly post plenty of them.

to upload pictures you have to click the upload attachment just below the SAVE PREVIEW SUBMIT button in the reply page, it has to be JPG as BMP's are not supprted

How does the picture quality look on the monitor with the USB TV converter? Is text readable?

I was on the same path and was planning on putting "Ride Runner" front end on it.

My F90 is good for many purposes but i just want to add to the functionality with a carpc.

I had two options for control

1. BT Mouse/Keyboard

2. Media Center Remote

What are you using for input?