AVIC411.com

3.0 Update and Hardwire Bypass....

Does anyone know if updating to the 3.0 Firmware has any adverse effect on the Hardwire Bypass? I'd love to have the latest and greatest update but not if I have to reconfigure a a way to run the Nav/DVD while in motion.... Thanks in advance for any assistance.

This is a very important question. I am also very curious about that.

pioneer has to leave a way to bypass the unit so stores can display unit and let people see how it works

so i am sure that the hardware bypass will still work

I wonder who gone try to install the update to 3.0 because i think there is no way back to 2.0 and if it doesn't work the hardware bypass is gone :!:

As soon as 3.0 comes out I'll definately update. There are some out there that will probably do the same, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Feedback on 3.0 will come eventually.

Traffic Flow, Exit Panels, etc... better than not having it.

This is a huge presumption but, I figure if 3.0 works for the F-series, the rest of the updates for the X-Series would work as well.... ? So, you'll possibly have to conform to Pioneer's way.... or keep rebeling and risk bricking you HU and have to buy a X-series eventually.

The only snag is the new DVD reader on the X-series, an update may have an new driver that may messup the older F-Series DVD drivers...? du-no??

My 2 Cents....