AVIC411.com

German language on U.S. F90BT...Possible??

Hey I was wondering if it was possible for me to get the German language for the U.S. version of the f90bt. Is it possible to download the EU version and then somehow extract that language into the U.S. version?

If it is possible, can someone direct me into the right direction of how to do that?

PLEASE!?

on my US Avic700

Verzeichnis: APL2/IGO/CONTENT

/LANG: German_lang.zip reinkopieren, die anderen löschen( copy it and delete the others)

/VOICE : Voice_Deu-f4.zip reinkopieren, die anderen löschen (copy it and delete the others)

You cannot select the german voice/language in settings, but it works in german language/voice..

I hope, i did not forget something :) TTS doesnt work unfortunatelly..

ok thanks to HAAK31, and vielen dank an wenigwiser.

however, plz treat me like a noob in this manner cuz i have never really attempted a hack yet. so can you guys tell me a step by step thing? im guessing im downloading the EU version (from where and how?) then I find the file, copy and past it into the data.zip (of course after backing everything up). right?

please let me know how its done, thanks!!

to wenigwiser:

so basically the unit will operate in german, BUT i won't be able to switch back to english if i feel like? and what exactly will be in german? the directions? or "samantha" and how will the tts be limited? do you mean i won't be able to use my ipod song search?

- Pioneer Menu will not be German, however, all Navigation Menus in German,

- switching not possible, if you want back to English, copy the English files back.

- Navigation speaks german, Kathrin or Stefan or etc..., whoever you copied.

-NO! TTS.. (TTS= Navi-Sprachanweisungen mit Strassennamen)

I dont have Ipod and didnt say anything about it... Language and Voice are ONLY for Navigation...

Please add Infos if someone know more...

ok, thank you very much wenigwiser (even tho your username doesn't do u justice since you DO know a lot! haha).

ok, so basically it will tell me somethign like (bitte rechts abbiegen) or something like that instead of the street name. thats fine with me.

what about the ipod, i know you said u didn't mention it, but would the voice recognition still work thru english, or not at all?

and how do i download the EU version? from the german pioneer website?