AVIC411.com

Proper shut down/re-boot procedure when hardwired

I have a F500BT that is hardwired and as far as I can tell, should turn on and off just like any aftermarket headunit would. The yellow wire is a constand 12v and the 5v input is connected to a switched 12v source. With the unit powered up and in use I really have no issues, but when I shut the ignition off, sometimes it will come back on and resume itself as it was before being turned off but other times it goes through the complete system startup like it does after being powered down manually.

Is this a common problem or is there something wrong with my unit? If it is a know issue, is it fixable? I searched and couldnt find anything close to this, everything I came across dealt with the unit NOT booting up at all.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the exactly the same problem.... all my personal setting are gone once I turn it off for a long time (couple of hours...).... equalizator, music, all gone... the funny thing is that the splash pic and the illumination color are all ok....

what brings me to another question: does the unit have to turn on every time I start the engine?

I have tried to put the yellow and red wires in a constant 12v source, but this way I can turn it off....this way all data is saved but I can`t turn off....

Is there a way to turn it on/off mannualy? I can't find nothing about it in the working instructions.... this should work for me....

• 2 weeks later...

that isnt exactly the same problem i have. your seems more like a lack of 12v memory being applied/accepted. mine is always different. i turn off the car and it turns off. when i start the car it will do one of the following:

*Bluetooth indicator comes on but nothing else, i have to press power to start it

*unit comes on, almost as if it tries to resume itself from before car was turned off, then it turns itself into standby and i need to press menu to start it up

*unit turns on for a few seconds then shut off and i need to press power to get it back on.

its annoying. if it was consistant then atleast i could work on figuring out what it is but it never does the same thing. at this point i dont know if its something wrong on Pioneers part or just the fact its running Windows Mobile, and anyone whos familiar with WM will know what im talking about :roll: