AVIC411.com

2009 VW GTI Stock Sirius Integration without IP BUS

My question is...is it possible?

I've heard of people using a splitter of sorts. For reference, I have a 2009 MKV VW GTI and a Pioneer F90BT. The GTI has an integrated dual purpose powered antenna and have two wires coming from in the dash; one for the antenna and one for the Sirius. I have been told there are two ways to do this; either by the IP BUS and Sirius antenna seperately or you could somehow use the 'splitter' and combine. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

This would be interesting, but I don't see how not using the IP Bus would work. That takes the Sirius signal and converts all for the radio. I would think without this that you would not be able to use the Sirius display and have to use the Aux input at that point. Will be interesting to see how this would work

By the way, the two antenna leads that are plugged into the back of the stock stereo on your GTI are both for your AM/FM, not for satellite. VW radios use a diversity receiver, which utilizes two antennas that are both located in your rear window. If you have OEM satellite radio, the antenna for it is in the sharkfin antenna on the roof. The Sirius module is located under a plastic cover under the passenger seat. It has one antenna lead going into it, which you can use for the Pioneer XM or Sirius modules. As has already been stated, just take the plastic Fakra connector housing off of it and it will plug right into the Pioneer module.