AVIC411.com

f700 problems.

hello, i went to instal the newest version for the f700; 2.6 or whatever it is, and it did it just fine. when i got done with the update, i hit the reset for 5 secondsjust like it tells you to. know when the system loads, the start up in process screen stays there. if i click on av source, it goes away, but i cant listen to music or anything because i can not click on the settings button;then when i go back to the main menu, its there. also , i can not use my map because i can not click the ok button on the warning screen. did i do something wrong, or is there something wrong with the update? i tried to reload it, but nothing happens.

hello, i went to instal the newest version for the f700; 2.6 or whatever it is, and it did it just fine. when i got done with the update, i hit the reset for 5 secondsjust like it tells you to. know when the system loads, the start up in process screen stays there. if i click on av source, it goes away, but i cant listen to music or anything because i can not click on the settings button;then when i go back to the main menu, its there. also , i can not use my map because i can not click the ok button on the warning screen. did i do something wrong, or is there something wrong with the update? i tried to reload it, but nothing happens.

If you haven't tried already,try point 2 listed in step 4 from below to see if that gets you in.

Step 4

After your system has rebooted itself, press and hold down the system "reset" button (which is

located just to the left of the "eject" button) for five (5) seconds and release it.

Next, determine which of the following applies:

1. If the system boots ups and displays the main menu, go to Step 6.

2. If the system does not display the main menu AND the screen is blacked out, press and hold

the reset button and the eject button at the same time for five seconds and then release them.

The system should reboot automatically and display the main menu. Now proceed to Step 6.

FYI - I haven't updated mine, just trying to extend a helping hand to you.

no, i did not make a backup, and i have tried all of the reset options. i called pioneer and i have tried everything they have told me to try. i tried redownloading the update, but the system does not register it and just boots up like it normally doe, but then just does the same thing where you cant do anything

no, i did not make a backup, and i have tried all of the reset options. i called pioneer and i have tried everything they have told me to try. i tried redownloading the update, but the system does not register it and just boots up like it normally doe, but then just does the same thing where you cant do anything

What is Pioneer going to do for you?

I'm currently trying to un-screw mine. I got the new testmode (2.3) to load. I swiped the drive, then reloaded the update. No joy. I'm going to try to reload the 2.0 firmware and do a full restore. I'll let you know how it goes.

I was able to get mine back to 2.0.

I used the latest test mode file (2.3) to get back into it, then loaded the full back-up that TK421 uploaded last night.

Testmode 2.3: download/file.php?id=7376

Full back-up:

ftp://www.turboss.com

Username: avicuser

Password: Avic411