AVIC411.com

Wireless back up camera for D3?

anyone ever make this to work?

buy an ebay wireless camera and instead of using the original monitor that came with it, use the D3 as the monitor?

im planning on installing one for my rear and other for my trailer (only operate one at a time of coarse)

Not sure how they work, but here's my dumbed-down idea: I'm assuming you'd have two receivers that plug into the separate pairs of AV cables for the HU. Those would have to be powered in some way...guessing tapped into a 12v source. Both RV cameras would need to be tapped into a reverse signal source so that they turn on when they need to. Does your trailer have backup/reverse lights? If so, there it goes. When you need camera 1, press AV1. Camera 2? Select AV2.

This sounds like it could work...no reason not to, right? What's missing here?

• 5 weeks later...
Read your owners manual!

Thre is a composite video input for a backup camera and a reverse sense wire on the harness. Hook it up, it auto-switches to rear-view video.

He is trying to use two backup cameras, and one is wireless (for his trailer). In this instance, he'd be "playing a video" and not necessarily relying on the OE backup camera hookup for the second unit.

• 1 month later...