AVIC411.com

Help with Z1 Bluetooth

I just bought my wife a used car ( '06 Buick Lucerne ) and it has a ZI mounted indash. I'm not having any success with the bluetooth. I really have no idea if it's even available in this unit. This is what I do know:

When I open the "Connection" option, the bluetooth shows NOKI with a symbol that looks similar to a martini glass ( well, thats what it looks like to me.) This leads me to believe that the last owner had a phone hooked up.

The "Phone Menu" is grayed out and can't open

I set the cell phone to "Search for "connection" and it came up with nothing.

There is what looks like a microphone attached to the headliner above the steering whell, right beside the front windshield. There's also a small black box in the corner of the windshield, on the outside, which I'm assuming is the nav antenna

How can I find out if I can even hook the bluetooth up? Any ideas?

On another matter, I'd love to do the two wire hack to eliminate the parking brake feature but I'm not seeing how the unit comes out. I know that every car may be different but are there fairly standard ways that these units come out? I'm not seeing how I can get under the dash and I'm not seeing how the bezel comes out. Any help?

Thank you in advance for any help

If you look under "settings" > "hardware" > "connection status" you can see a menu item 'phone connection status'

This will display "OK" if a bluetooth module is connected, or "NOK" if there is no bluetooth module.....

Aw, now thats what I needed to know. Apparently the unit does not have bluetooth. I wouldn't mind getting my wife one but I'm still not clear on how the unit comes out. Does the faceplate just pop off? Do you access it from under the dash?

I very much appreciate your response.