AVIC411.com

IPOD hooked up to AVIC D3 No Sound

I have the CD-I-200 I-pod connector hooked up to an AVIC D3

But the I-pod menu will come up and shows that it is playing from the I-pod and that it is properly hooked-up. Still no sound coming out...

Sound works perfectly through radio and everything is hooked-up correctly so that is how I know it isn't related to the unit or connections to speakers.

The CD-I-200 connector just has one connection in the back of the HU so no usb cable or other av cables or anything like that.

Looked to see if I could change AV settings but AV settings and only option is Video or EXT not I-POD. The I-Pod setting seems to be separate from the AV setting. I-pod is on the Menu but has its own display but can't be changed in the AV setting.

Looked in the Owner's manual to confirm this and it said to look at the I-pod manual, but there is nothing regarding car integration or any sort of setting on the I-pod itself according to the manual or from what I could find in the I-pod settings...

And just for the record I do have the I-pod volume all the way up if the volume doesn't transfer enough to make sound through the unit even if that matters (although I don't think so).

Anyone know why this is? I'm sure its a stupid easy fix but don't see it :oops:

btw... I did search...search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&keywords=-pod++%2Bwon't++%2Bplay++%2Bsound++&start=75

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24889&p=168463&hilit=+pod+won't+play+sound#p168463

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23291&p=157497&hilit=+pod+won't+play+sound#p157497

Ok well I went ahead and hooked it back up and now i'm not sure that the iPOD is the problem....

I just tried a CD to see if it will play that (which I figured it would, no reason not to) but it wouldn't even play that...

Samething happening with the iPOD, display comes out shows that everything is playing but no sound actually coming out...

Wanted to see if it was the samething for DVD, put in a DVD and it plays perfect, but of course the same problem with NO SOUND coming out....

Now i'm thinking I might have missed a connection or swtiched something with something but I did double check all my connections before I put the D3 in and everything looked good....

The thing that baffles me is why only in RADIO SOUND WORKS but everything else there is NO sound? :?:

So it couldn't be that the speaker plugs are not plugged in cause sound is coming out....is there a separate connection for all other AV sources (not including the radio) that could be causing this?

Wow I knew it was something stupid :oops: ...Got it fixed...

If anyone is having this issue make sure you go into the AV Menu and then go to Antenna and switch it off from TUNER to POWER. Solved this issue 100%. :?

Thanks to Brian at CARTOYS Plano, TX. :D Only guy who knew what it was after calling 5 different stores he was also the only guy who claimed he was an installer before giving me advice which was after one store telling me to send it into Pioneer :roll: ...