AVIC411.com

Back up cam problems with my X910BT **RESOLVED**

I just installed my X910BT (wired bypass) and everything is great...except the back up cam. It does not turn on automatically when i put it in reverse, though I can manually turn it on. If I change the setting to ground in the setting control panel, the unit starts in the cam mode and won't shut off unless I reset the unit.

X-90BT?

Wasn't aware they had one of those.

F90BT?

X910BT?

Either way, it sounds like the reverse wire's not connected properly, either it's always grounded, and the unit works as designed and putting it in reverse doesn't change anything, or it's not grounding at all, and the unit stays in cam mode since it never sees you shift out of reverse.

Wrathernaut - I went ahead and corrected my late night error, thank you for setting me straight.

I tested all my grounds and power supplies before installing (hard lesson learned years ago) but I'm not sure I have the right reverse wire. My truck is a Lincoln Mark LT which is basically a F150 but I did come across a couple differences doing my install and their is little info on that truck. Is their an option other than the wiring harness to connect this wire (such as connecting directly to a reverse light wire)?

Found the problem. Everything I read said the reverse light wire was under the passinger side kick panel, black and pink. Found a black and pink wire there and tapped into it...WRONG! I popped the tail light out, found the wire (black and pink, sure enough), followed it down and to the driver side and into the cab. Identical wire, just on driver side, tapped into it and life is good.