AVIC411.com

iphone question

hey guys i have a quick question, i have the iphone 3gs and was wondering if i purchase the pioneer ipod cable (the one with the red white and yellow cable) i know i will be able to see onscreen whats im my iphone and control it from there but my question is i want to use the internet radio apps like pandora on my iphone, will it display that onscreen? if not i will probably just get an aux. cable and run it that way then

Benefits to having the ipod cable vs 3.5mm jack:

You can charge the phone while it's playing Pandora (playing internet radio takes up quite a bit of battery).

You can control your music if you use the IPod on your phone.

You can watch movies from the phone on the HU.

hey guys i have a quick question, i have the iphone 3gs and was wondering if i purchase the pioneer ipod cable (the one with the red white and yellow cable) i know i will be able to see onscreen whats im my iphone and control it from there but my question is i want to use the internet radio apps like pandora on my iphone, will it display that onscreen? if not i will probably just get an aux. cable and run it that way then

If you jailbreak your phone there is an app called screensplitr that will display the iphone's screen on the AVIC screen. It's not great quality though (fuzzy and low fps) and you still need to use the phone to control it, but it's good for things like pandora and the MLB at bat app where you just want to see what's playing, who's at bat, etc. Also there is another app, I forget that name, that has much better quality but it blacks out the iphone screen and doesn't support portrait mode, so it's hard to use. Hopefully they'll update screensplitr eventually.

One thing to be aware of, with the iPod Touch 2G, iPhone 3G and 3GS apple has discontinued charging over the firewire pins in the dock connector. So I found out the hard way that the cable for my F500BT doesn't charge these newer models.

Check out CableJive's work around via their usb+ adaptor.

http://cablejive.com/charge-converter

The Schosce PassPort adaptor didn't work on my F500BT 's cable (CD-IU200VM).

It really annoys me that Pioneer didn't make a compliant cable for the F series. It's not as if the F series is 5 years old or anything, Apple was fairly up front on the change in the dock connector and when it was going to happen. But, annoyances with these Pioneer Navigation products seems to be par for the course. :D