AVIC411.com

32 Gig SDCARD: Only showing 1st song in each directory

I've got a refurbed F90bt that I bought a few weeks ago on ebay.

Installed it in my wife's car last week, bought a 32g SDcard after I figured out that the usb connector seems mainly useless (64g usb stick won't work, usb hard drives don't work well due to power, etc)

I've got a 30 gig music collection on the card, off the bat it seemed to work but I did some reorganizing on the card today and when I put it back in I noticed that most of the directories only listed the first song in each directory.

I don't have any files in the root. Its organized by \Artistname\Albumname\Song.Mp3

I'm reformatting the card right now as Fat32/4kb alloc units. Had to do a full format as the quick format failed.

Anything else I should know/try? She leaves on a solo roadtrip with our two kids in the morning and I'd like to have this working for her before she goes.

I think I may have tracked it down:

I had over 450 folders in the root directory.

I made Alphabetical Folders like so:

ABCD

EFGH

IJKL

MNOP

QRSTU

VWXYZ

And put the Artist folders in the respective folders. Actually solves the problem of scrolling through the whole list each time. And the entire contents of each folder seem to show up now.

Ok it was working fine last night.

When we fired it up this morning, it did it again. All the directories had only the first song showing up in them. If you pull the SD card and put it back in the computer all the directories are fine.

Anyone have any similiar experience? I'm out of ideas.

Well, like I said, it's not a problem with the card at this point. The card works fine in several different computers. Maybe there are just too many songs or directories on the card.

It's very annoying, in any case. I spent a lot of time putting this together for my wife on this roadtrip and now she is hours down the road away from me and it doesn't work. I'll have her put it back in her laptop and I'll remotely look at the card tonight when she stops.

I bought one of those ebay 32gb cards too. Thought it was a fake too. But you have to have a computer or drive that reads sdhc. I had to go to walmart and just buy on of those usb card readers, that supports sdhc. It was like 13.00 and worked like a charm. Guess i got a decent deal for a 32gb sd card for 20 bucks shipped.

Ok it was working fine last night.

When we fired it up this morning, it did it again. All the directories had only the first song showing up in them. If you pull the SD card and put it back in the computer all the directories are fine.

Anyone have any similiar experience? I'm out of ideas.

It sounds like you are leaving the card in the AVIC. When the AVIC boots up, it first looks at the SD card, and if one is installed, it will try to boot up from the SD card. This process maybe confusing the AVIC. I think the solution is to unplug the SD card before the unit boots up, then after the unit boots up, plug the SD card in.

I tried to add a few folders of music. Mines labeled by disk, 1 album = 1 folder seems like it would only pick up 1 set of songs. Havent played to much with this. But ive learned that im not even gonna bother with loading music on it. I thought i could do both. 32gb sd card and my 30 gig ipod. I just had to break down and buy a 60gb ipod. I tried to load my music videos on the sd and all i kept getting was a error impossible to play all tracks message. Its just to nice and easy to deal with the ipod. So i guess ive got a 32gb sd card for modding.