AVIC411.com

F700bt Sub/Amp Question

Hey all,

I just installed the F700bt and with prior knowledge for car electronics, I am trying to hook up an aftermarket sub/amp and having some problems.

I have the HU installed and works perfectly, but when I went to install the amp I can’t get any sound out of the sub. The amp is wired up correctly to the battery and ground. The remote wire is wired to the blue/white and is secure.

The amp works fine; I installed it in my buddy's truck.

I think it might be a problem with the RCA connection on the back of the HU. I have an IPOD and the RCA cable works well with that, so i don't know about that....

So I am at a road block, I can’t think of anything to try besides buying another RCA Harness, and testing. But I was wonder if there was anything I was missing when setting up a new amp/sub with the HU itself.

have you checked to make sure that the wires inside the sub box have not came disconnected?

and are you sure that the subs are not blown?

are you sure that the sub out is turned ON?

(1)first get an rca to 1/8" mini plug cable and use it to plug your ipod directly into the amp,

do you get sound yet? yes(2) no(3)

(2) using female to female rca adapters, plug the Ipod (and cable from step 1) into the rca cables at the headunit

do you get sound yet? yes(4) no(5)

(3) bad inputs on amp, get new amp

(4) check to see if the rca where plugged into the correct place (sub out)

where they plugged into the correct place? yes(6) no(7)

(5) bad rca cables, get new rca cables

(6) bad Avic (or avic rca cables), send to pioneer to fix

(7) place both hands firmly on cheeks, push real hard, and remove head from a$$, then plug rca's into correct place(sub out)

note: step 7 is very rare, please dont take offence, but it does happen every once and a while,

step 6 is the most common

Go into the AV Settings, for the antenna make sure it is set to "Power", this will send power on signal anytime the unit is on. If it is in "Radio" mode it will only send the signal if you are listening to the radio... This solved similar issue for me...

that means you conected the amp's turn on wire to the avic's power antenna wire, the blue/white stripe wire is the amp turn on wire and it is powered up all the time (when the unit is on), the blue wire is the power antenna wire and by default it is only powered when the source is FM/AM, but is selectable to be powered all the time

• 3 weeks later...