AVIC411.com

speakers going out and bluetooth problem

very strange. the unit is the f90bt. i have it wired to the metra harness into the cars stock harness, so no chopping of the factory harness. the car is a acura rsx. lately the unit has been cutting off one side of the speakers and the other side only working. i will be driving and then all of the sudden the drivers side speakers have no sound and only the passenger side has sound. it does it the other way around, except when the passenger side is not working, if i turn on the headlights then the speakers come on. i checked the wiring, its good. the only change that has been done was the subwoofer part of the system has been disconnected. the rca's and remote power wire are still connected but they arent connected to an amp anymore. they are just sitting there, not touch anything and not touching each other.

my bluetooth problem is sometimes when i recieve a call or make one the dialog box with the volume and hang up controls doesnt pop up. it will go to the map screen but wont do anything. the phone book is also a mess. i clear out all the memory and upload my phonebook and i noticed duplicate entries in there. two of my wifes mobile entries, etc. etc.

any ideas would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

do your speakers play good for a few seconds and then crackle out until they just wont play and or jump back in? mine sounds fine for a while meaning 1-2 minutes then just craps out. it will plays the high but the low frequencies just come in and out whenever they want to. mine isnt affected by the headlights though.

Had the same problem with the speakers as you all did. Basically what I found out is that while the wiring appears to be good, some of the connections are loose. The main culprit appeared to be the harness going to the Scosche (SP). This was at both ends; where the wires plug into the AVIC and the connector to the Schoshe itself. I basically tie wrapped all the connectors going to the AVIC and used some Velcro to mount the Scoshe to the firewall of the car. That took care of the problem for me. I could wiggle the wires before and have the right side cut out.

Hope this helps.

M

well i sent the unit out so hopefully i get it back by thursday and check. but i wiggled wires and recrimped everything. so when i get it back i will see what the diagnosis is. and work from there. i did see the rearview camers wire come out the harness so i will fix that when the radio gets back. thanks for the advice

If you guys have been having this problem while listening to the ipod, and you have the pioneer ipod cable, then that is your problem. My speakers come back when I press the horn. My wiring is flawless and it only happens when i'm listening to the ipod. I bought the apple composite cable but haven't had the time to change it since I have to take apart all my center console and half of my dash since my ipod cable comes out of the center arm rest compartment. This topic has been discussed long time ago and no one that's been using an ipod cable has this issue. hope this helps.

I noticed this issue this morning. It is a newly installed unit (Sunday night). The sound would go in and out. The timing of it going out was not regular (sometimes minutes, sometimes every 5 secs). I do have a scosche connector as I have a canbus system. I verified this happens in all audio modes (FM, AM, Sirius, DVD). Currently, I am guessing it has to do with the ground. My ground is coming from the scosche wiring harness for the 900 and the sirius sc-c1. Since it is canbus, I wonder if the ground is being affected by applying the brake lights. :?: Probably not, but I am going to verify my ground later tonight. Any thoughts?

Update 1: Went out during my lunch break and watched most of Officespace. ("I wouldn't say I've been missing it, Bob.") No dropped sound at all. So, again, I am leaning toward either the scosche connector or ground issues from the wiring harness.

i just tried another radio and its giving the same issue i am starting to believe it is the wire harness.. other than that it may actually be my factory wiring. which i really hope its NOt!

it does it for every type of media but only on my powered speakers the one from the harness work fine