AVIC411.com

Z3 and bluetooth with iPhone 3.0 - Bad Echo??

OK - my phone worked great prior to upgrading the OS on it to 3.0. Now all my incoming callers hear themselves when talking (an echo) - I don't hear anything during the call, but they say it's horrible - problem wasn't there prior to the iPhone 3.0 OS upgrade - Anyone have this problem and finid a solution? Is there a bluetooth fix/upgrade for the AVIC?? Thanks

I've had a bad echo with my z3 and iPhone ever since I installed it in January of this year. The echo is a problem that is common to many cell phone hands free systems. I've read that the microphone placement can increase or decrease the echo however I installed my microphone in the stock location (2008 Tundra). I also get a loud pop through my speakers every time I answer a call. It's really annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I get the same pop and echo in my 07 Silverado.

No clue on how to fix it the pop.

I think we have to live with the echo. I have my front right speaker set for the phone audio and the mic is in the same location GM installs theirs. It's a give and take deal, I can't hear the caller so I increase the volume which in turn increase the chance of echo. Unless someone else has a solution, I am considering going back to the parrott.

One more thing, some suggested changing the mic will fix the echo, not true. Im using the mic that came with my parrott (which worked great) and it still echos. It's the ND-BT1 in my opinion.