AVIC411.com

Can't update WinCE

I've tried relentlessly with no success. I unzip the WINCEIMG.bin and the WINCEIMG.cks files to the top layer of a correctly formatted 8gb SD card. I can easily get into the menu with the option to choose Update WinCE with or without formatting by SD card. However it always says it cannot find the WINCEIMG.cks file. Any ideas?

And another thing I've noticed. I have to rush through this blue screen menu or else the unit goes dead until I hit the reset button. Is this how all units are? And I have a F-90BT.

Double check a few things.

A. What version of wince are you trying to update with? the one we all were using, at least I was, the one from the current x910bt update for 3.010101 or whatever from pioneers website. You download the file, grab the wince files from there, place those and those ONLY on a fat32 sdcard. Go to the service menu, put in the sd card with ONLY those files on it, tell it to update without format, it detects the files, says copying with a percentag,e says update complete! restart unit now!

Thats it, restart and its done. Remote the sdcard, put in the test mode sd card, and continue the update replacing files etc. At least that is how it was for the APL folder version. I have yet to do the full 3.0 flash image copy over.