AVIC411.com

Best working video resolution F Series?

Hey folks,

Would like to know what is best working video resolution for F series? In the manual it says 640x480 but when I tried to play it from SD card the video was struggling a bit, the time was jumping etc.:(. Unless its my SD card but that was just to test it. Normally I would play the videos from ipod in mp4 format, but the ones I have already on it are too small resolution and video quality isn't that good. So I will have to re-encode the original ones again to higher resolution but want to save on space as well.

What video format other members use to save on space and still have decent quality vids etc? :mrgreen:

Cheers for any info,

Stan

How big of an SD card are you using... I talked to a Tech at Pioneers TechCar support and he said that they have seen issues off of a USB Jump Drive with the video jumping when the drive is over 2gb in size. I have not confirmed that but this is what he told me.

Well, I have been playing with this problem too. I like the resolution on my Ipod, but I don't like how the Ipod resets to music when you turn the car off. So I burned a couple of VCDs, one on a standard CD and one on a DVD using DIVX. Then you can set your DVD screen setting on the deck to play widescreen and the video looks better. Also, doesn't take as long to load as an SD card or a USB drive. And if you did the hardwire mod, it plays video, after you click ok on the screen, yipee. I used default settings in DiVX to convert my movies on the CD. Then on the DVD I changed all the resolutions to 720 X 480, and it looks good, just tedious. I heard AVS4You is suppose to be good for larger resolution, but don't wanna pay for it, and handbrake to me sucks, cause you can't do batch converts, only on video at a time.

The only way I want my vids to work are thru the ipod classic 120gb I have, so far every time I convert the vid to 640x480.mp4 it shows some type of stripes while playing the file for some reason, like ipod was squashing the vid to make it fit or something?!? lol :lol: ..

..sad really :(

Are you talking about the black bars on the top and the bottom of the video? Those are the widescreen or letterbox format. I think you can't get rid of that if the video was originally filmed that way. If it wasn't filmed that way, then you can have it play back full screen. That is what I have noticed about my DIVX videos I have played on the DVD and the VCD discs. I have videos on my 5G Video Ipod, I will have to play them again to see which ones play widescreen or full screen. The other thing that could fix it is check your Ipod video play settings. If it is set to widescreen on the TV out menu then you will always get those black bars, you can change it to full screen, then you might get rid of those bars that way.

No not those stripes bud, I'll make a pic later and post it up.

It looks to me like the ipod isn't supporting the 640x480 resolution but I read somewhere it should :( Its a pain really because I used to play my vids from the hdd on my old navi system no prob in any format. And now this is wrecking my head :cry:

• 4 months later...