AVIC411.com

Apple Cable Doesn't Connect iPod

Hi,

I have an apple iPod classic 120 gb with the apple composite cable hooked up to my f700bt, and I constantly have the problem of not being able to connect the iPod to the avic. All the wires are hooked up correctly and I even exchanged the apple cable for a new one but still the problem persists. Successful connections are only like 10% of the time, but usually when it doesn't connect it still has the charging battery symbol.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and/or has a solution. I have had to go back to using the crappy pioneer cable as a temporary fix.

question.. what makes the pioneer cable crappy in your opinion?

The pioneer cable tends to cut off on either left or right channels after a certain amount of usage. Many other users on the forum have experienced this as well. Solutions are to either electrical tape the RCA connectors or buy a new apple cable. I have tried taping them up but I the problem always comes back. Also, I'm not sure if its just the pioneer cable or what, but the louder I turn up the volume, the more I hear noise. I just noticed this when I put the pioneer cable back on. Can anyone with the apple cable confirm this happens to them too?

question.. what makes the pioneer cable crappy in your opinion?

The pioneer cable tends to cut off on either left or right channels after a certain amount of usage. Many other users on the forum have experienced this as well. Solutions are to either electrical tape the RCA connectors or buy a new apple cable. I have tried taping them up but I the problem always comes back. Also, I'm not sure if its just the pioneer cable or what, but the louder I turn up the volume, the more I hear noise. I just noticed this when I put the pioneer cable back on. Can anyone with the apple cable confirm this happens to them too?

People who do installs professionally (myself included) tend to shrinkwrap the rca cables or put electrical tape on them regardless if there's issues or not... it's a measure that you take "just in case"

If the cable from pioneer works, I'd say just put electrical tape on the rca ends and use it, no point of purchasing a 50-80$ cable if you dont need to.

Guys, I can't connect my nano to my unit....

I have changed the AV1 source to iPod, reseted the unit, tryed everything... the only thing I've got is charging th iPod... but no success on playing any kind of media...

Can anyone help me?

Shall we assume you also connected the RCA connectors?

I have changed the AV1 source to iPod, reseted the unit, tryed everything... the only thing I've got is charging th iPod... but no success on playing any kind of media...

Can anyone help me?

Shall we assume you also connected the RCA connectors?

yeah, all connections double checked.... the 3 RCA are completely connected.... still no signal for the iPod...

People who do installs professionally (myself included) tend to shrinkwrap the rca cables or put electrical tape on them regardless if there's issues or not... it's a measure that you take "just in case"

If the cable from pioneer works, I'd say just put electrical tape on the rca ends and use it, no point of purchasing a 50-80$ cable if you dont need to.

You are right, I have recently taped up the pioneer as tightly as I could and even put on some tie wraps over it. Hopefully this does the job better than last time. Anyways, unlike the apple cable, I have been experiencing absolutely no connection issues so far. Just hoping the channel issues won't resurface.

I'll probably return the apple cable by the end of the week if all goes well. Still, I'm curious as to know if there is a difference in sound quality between the two. I would test the two again, but I'd just hate to have to pull everything apart again.

Can anyone help me?

Sounds like you have the same problem as me. Do you have the apple cable or the pioneer? Might be better to try the pioneer if all else fails.

You are right, I have recently taped up the pioneer as tightly as I could and even put on some tie wraps over it. Hopefully this does the job better than last time. Anyways, unlike the apple cable, I have been experiencing absolutely no connection issues so far. Just hoping the channel issues won't resurface.

I'll probably return the apple cable by the end of the week if all goes well. Still, I'm curious as to know if there is a difference in sound quality between the two. I would test the two again, but I'd just hate to have to pull everything apart again.

Yea, I honestly cant see there being much of a difference, maybe just a thicker and higher quality cable... but unless you are listening to music thats REALLY high quality you wont hear much of a difference... works the same way as speaker cable, higher quality less distortion...

Can anyone help me?

Sounds like you have the same problem as me. Do you have the apple cable or the pioneer? Might be better to try the pioneer if all else fails.

mine is the Pioneer cable.... just bought and installed my unit....

Can anyone help me?

mine is the Pioneer cable.... just bought and installed my unit....

Make sure the RCA cables are connected to Audio Input. There are several other similar looking RCA connectors, so make sure it's in the right one. If it is connected properly, you might want to try exchanging the cable for a new one or contact Pioneer about getting a new RCA harness.

• 2 weeks later...

In my car all I did was take a normal ipod/iphone connector white cable that I have about 7 of hooked it up and bought a set of 1 to 3 RCA connectors and it works fine for all of $12 (cost of the RCA cable). On occasion the USB says its not connected I just unplug and plug it back in and at works again. I am glad I didnt waste my money on an expensive cable.