AVIC411.com

Broken mic jack f900bt NEED TO FIX HELP

So after about 3 days of trying to get the unit to stop rebooting and finally getting it to work yesterday (finally solved by deleting gpspara.x files in testmode), when all was said and done, I broke my mic jack.

The jack it self is broken and also loose on the circuit board. After reviewing the service manual, the only mention of the jack is in a wiring diagram where it is referred to as OTJ11. I know it is a 2.5mm jack, so i would need a 2.5mm socket which i could attempt to solder onto the board myself, I just don't know where to look for one. I don't even know if I should waste my time calling pioneer because I don't know if i can bear being on hold for an hour and being told I can't buy that part anywhere by itself. I don't want to send the unit in for repairs because everything is wired in already and I don't feel like ripping my connections apart

Does anyone know where I could find a jack like this? Is this something similar?

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/13027-2-5mm- ... nents.html

IF anybody has knowledge of this stuff i would greatly appreciate any help

• 1 year later...

You and me both. I have the same problem. I have learned all about ts and trs plugs. TS = Tip Sleeve (mono) TRS = Tip Ring Sleeve (stereo). The mic jack on the avic for the bluetooth mic is mono 2.5mm. There are 6 contacts on the circuit board.... Why? There should be 4 in my opinion. 2 for tip and 2 for sleeve. (one on each side of the jack) I would greatly appreciate it if someone could breathe some life into this topic. I'm going to try to do some soldering.... I just hope that I assume correctly when I assume that there are 4 contacts for the tip area and the sleeve is 2....

Help!!!! :blink::?::blink: