AVIC411.com

Unable to Update WinCE Files for 3.0...

Hello and thanks for everyone for all of the help!

I can get to the blue screen by the "Menu Map Reset Eject" combination and when the blue screen appears I get the message "press the reset button again" If I dont press the reset button again and I enter the code, UP UP DOWN MENU LEFT RIGHT, I get to the service screen. Then I click on UPDATE CE, Insert my Memory Card and CHOOSE FROM SD/MMC Card and the screen goes black... Sometimes if I enter the code too slowly it goes black before I can even select UPDATE CE. Then I have to shut the car off and try it again but I am not having any luck.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what I can do to make this work? After I shut the car off and turn it back on, the unit boots normaly and functions fine, I just cant update WindowsCE for the 3.0 update.

PLEASE HELP!!!! :cry::cry::cry: I dont know what else to do!

It's related to the sequence of the pressed buttons.

Power up your car, press "Menu" "Map" and "Eject" then briefly press the "Reset" button. Release the "Eject" button when you hear something from your speakers while "Menu" and "Map" still pressed until you see the blue screen

Check this: only when the button lights are fading lights up an down this will work, otherwise it will go black after 20 secs.

Just press and HOLD the four buttons, relase eject and reset after 5 secs, then continue to hold menu and map for a while. this will help.

Thanks guys! I will try this after work again, making sure to hit the buttons properly.

Will I still see the message to "press the reset button" again on the blue screen when it comes up? Or should I just see the * when I enter the button sequence??

Thanks again!!!

Its not working for me either and I dont know what to do.

I have been able to get it past the point of going black after 20 secs but when I go to select update CE via SD format I get "sd mmc update fail!!" I have tried this close to a dozen times, reformatted my SD card, recopied the CE files from http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip on it, and still no dice. I don't know what Im doing wrong here.

I have a AVIC-F700bt and a FILEMATE ultra speed 2gb SD card.

Any ideas?

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I FINALLY got the 3.0 to work and let me tell you! HUGE Difference in speed and performance in my opinion!

THANKS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

One thing though, When I went to copy over the "my flash disk" after I updated WindowsCE it said that the destination drive didnt have enough space... It said some files would not be copied, however after a 30 minute drive and testing out all functions of the Unit I have found NOTHING that doesnt work or that crashes... Did I do something wrong in the copy process????

Let me know what you guys think!