AVIC411.com

Getting started in Modding

Hi ppl!

I am new at this comunity and I am very glad I've found it.

Got my F700 recently and can't wait to make my own mods myself.

I am a designer with no coding experience, and I am trying to get started on modding, so if you people have any tips on how to change the looks of the UI I would really appreciate.

Is it possible for me to do it without coding?

For example to change only the collor scheme or icons?

Or do I need to actually get my hands on the script, and if so in witch language or software do I have to learn?

I've already found lots of usefull information on changing buttons positions, etc but none on the appearance.

Many thanks in advance.

Marcus Moreira

@boots

Hi man, i've already read this tread but unfortunately I got a little confusing when it said that I couldn't bitte more than I can chew! hehe

As I said, I don't code, but I have a large experience in Photoshop and Design in general.

I want to contribute to this community with some of my artworks.

So to see if I understood it correctly, to change de schematic appearence of the Firmware all I need to do is edit the DATA.zip?

Background Images and Icons are easily found there?

I am downloading the DATA.zip to check that out.

Thanks for the reply!

What exaclty are you wanting to edit? If you want to change the icons of the main menu and the iPod controls and all that stuff you have to edit the image files inside the image.res file. If you want to change the location of the buttons on the map screen, I think you need to edit the DATA.zip. I've only ever messed around with the icons and that sort of stuff and its real easy. Just decompress the image.res file and you can see and edit almost all the images in the unit.