AVIC411.com

Did I brick this thing? (F700BT)

Hi, I could use some help here please. I tried to upgrade my F700BT to 3.0, but as of now, I get my splash screen for about 10 seconds and then the unit shuts down.

I've tried about 4 different installs, so I'm not sure where I went wrong....maybe the best idea is a complete clear/re-install?? (If there is such a thing) I searched the forum but didn't find anything like that. The backup folder I created contains the following folders:(MiTACAP, My Flash Dick, and Testmode) Hope that is all I need.....

How I got into this mess:

I started by following the directions from Retell (Complete 3.0 Install Guide). But after following the directions I got the splash screen/shut down I mentioned above.

After reading further, I realized I installed the WinCE without the format option, so I tried it again with the format option. Still nothing.

I then tried to re-install my backup copy of My Flash Disk to get back to my previous version. - No Luck. (I did not have any previous files to downgrade the WinCE version, so maybe that is why this didn't work??)

So I then re-traced my steps and discovered I might have used the wrong My Flash Disk in my first upgrade attempt - I used the one titled "My Flash Disk (Original)" from the torrent download.

The last time around, after reading another version of the instructions, I located the My Flash Disk version in the IDT_v3.5 folder after I unzipped the folder. (unzipped version to my SD card is right?)

That also resulted in the shut down. Frustrating....

The only other interesting piece of information I can think of, is that I replaced my splash screen with a photo some time ago. With all these changes, it is still showing as my splash screen (I figured this was going to be wiped out during the install and have to be re-installed after the upgrade).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. If there are any details you need to help diagnose the problem, let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks for your help!!

my suggestion (for what its worth) would be to take the wince files from the PLT forlder of your original back up.

boot into service menu

update ce with these files on sd

choose format option

boot into testmode (with old testmode)

copy your entire backup of my flash disk to my flash disk

reset.

if this works (haven't personally tried downgrading ce) you should be back to your original

sorry if this is no help

i dont think you have the right files for a 3.0 upgrade

Thanks guys, I tried both suggestions and I'm in the same boat as before.

Dashtwo - when I reloaded the older WinCE files, I could not get the old testmode to boot (or the new one for that matter), so I had to re-install the new WinCE files just to get into testmode again.

DN01 - I tried to boot up the prioneer file (the LPUE080 file, correct?) three different times; once when the older WinCE was re-installed, and again after the new WinCE files were added back. And a third time after I put the newer 'my flash disk' back on the system. (do I need to do anything else prior to adding this update?)

Argh! What am I doing wrong? Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks!

I had the same problem for 3 days. I couldnt get anything to work. I installed 3.0 like this forum says to I also deleted all files in "my flash drive" on the unit before insatlling the new 3.0 files from here. Then after that I went to Pioneers web page and downloaded the new update for the x910bt and unzipped and installed on my SD card. I then went and put the SD in the deck and turned unit on. I came back about an hour later and it was back to normal with the new 3.0 :D

DN01 - I tried to boot up the prioneer file (the LPUE080 file, correct?) three different times; once when the older WinCE was re-installed, and again after the new WinCE files were added back. And a third time after I put the newer 'my flash disk' back on the system. (do I need to do anything else prior to adding this update?)

Thanks!

all i did, and trust me my system would not boot with any card in it..it would just black out after the pioneer symbol, was go to pioneer print there directions for upgrading to the 3.0.1. x series..i downloaded and unzipped the upgrade with winzip..i then copied the lpu folder to a formatted sd card..i went to my machine which remember would not boot, i did not do any wince or anything..i just put the lpu update in the sd card slot turned my car and 20 minutes later i had 3.0.1 with version 2.0.4 maps...thats it...

good luck, i know its frustrating...remember i did nothing with the flash drive or any of those other steps..the pioneer update should fix anything you have messed up..let it do the work...

Thanks!

all i did, and trust me my system would not boot with any card in it..it would just black out after the pioneer symbol, was go to pioneer print there directions for upgrading to the 3.0.1. x series..i downloaded and unzipped the upgrade with winzip..i then copied the lpu folder to a formatted sd card..i went to my machine which remember would not boot, i did not do any wince or anything..i just put the lpu update in the sd card slot turned my car and 20 minutes later i had 3.0.1 with version 2.0.4 maps...thats it...

good luck, i know its frustrating...remember i did nothing with the flash drive or any of those other steps..the pioneer update should fix anything you have messed up..let it do the work...

man im having the EXACT same problem that you had, everything from trying to install 3.0, to having the splash screen pic unusually kept there, to trying to fix it. can you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE just give me the exact links to where you printed the directions and where you downloaded the 3.0.1. x series update?

i honestly dont know where to start and im going out of my mind here, its soooo frustrating and honestly im going to get into a HUGE amount of trouble from parents if i dont fix this, because im only 19 years old and they bought this for me as a birthday present.

and also when you put in the sd card with the lpu folder on it, what did you have to do when you turned on the unit? did it just start and do everything by itself? or did you go into that blue update screen or something?

please help me out brother, i really need it !!

thanks alot