AVIC411.com

Playing iPOD Video

You will need this.
I ordered mine and it will be here Thursday.
[url=http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/detail~dpno~7002845.asp]http://www.clubmac.com/clubmac/shop/det ... 002845.asp[/url]
XtremeMac - RoadShow Car Audio/Video Cable for iPod Video - Black - XTMIPV-CAV-00 - Home Electronics - MP3 Players & Accessories - ClubMac
By the way I will have a CDIB100 available come Thursday if anyone is interested in it.
Great unit but just blows with a D2.

welp, i did some searching, the xtrememac roadshow car cables look slick.. and probably work like described, but what about that person that wants to use the ipod add on for the z1? you cant and use the roadshow cables at the same time.. soooooo instead get the simple cables for video that plug into the headphone jack at the top, this will give you video and audio for your movies, while maintaining music through the ipod add on for the avic z1... hope this helps someone... i had been looking for some passthrough or even a splitter until I put this together

soooooo instead get the simple cables for video that plug into the headphone jack at the top, this will give you video and audio for your movies,

Do you have a link to this item? Video from the headphone jack! interesting..... Man tha would be great if i think i am right in what you are saying

lol right on, no boo boo, the headphone jack on the ipod video (80 gig) contains audio AND video. here check out this link

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 4703394661

or

http://www.macmall.com/macmall/shop/det ... 15&Redir=1

this way you can keep ipod connected to z1 for power, and control of music. but for movies you would have to switch to headphone out for video.

hmm... Im remembering now that once plugged into the avic the ipod is not controlled from the ipod anymore, so um, that might not allow you to play the movie while connected to the avic. Ill have to check once I get my car back. But yes, the a/v cables I linked do allow for video out from the headphone jack

Copied this from the ipod section. Would seem to solve the control problem

For those of you who bought the Pioneer Ipod adapter and want control back of your Ipod when connected to the in car system, here is how you do it with out having to disconnect the Ipod from the dock connector to pick your music.

It will of course invalidate your warranty on the adapter but you will have control. Open up the Ipod adapter box, just two Phillips screws, you should see a connector that has all the wires going to it from the white cables coming into the box from the Ipod. Carefully pull the connector upwards to disconnect it. In the middle there should be a blue wire, lift the little peg that holds the very small socket that the blue wire is connected to and it should now just pull out. Put a bit of electrical tape around it to stop it touching any thing and put the top back on the box. Of course you do this with the power off and pull the power connecter out of the Ipod adapter.

After reconnecting it all, you should now have full control of your Ipod to pick your music. The down side is you loose the auto stop and start when you turn the car ignition on and off.

I bought that Dynex 6' A/V Cable for iPod with Video from best buy that plugs into the headphone jack but I have to crank the volume right up and it gives me a hiss through the speakers ! Will check it again today.

Also while on the subject,

When I play songs through the Pioneer ipod adapter I can`t click on the next track it just goes back to the begging of that same song that is playing.....the only way I can skip to the next song is to click search then playlist then all the songs come up.