AVIC411.com

When I removed my stock stereo from my VW Jetta, it would remain on when I killed the engine, but the key was still in RUN. Same deal if the car was completely off, if I turned the key to RUN or ACC, the stereo would stay on, and when I went to start the car, it would continue to remain on.

I've had the AVIC F-700BT installed for a year now, and it seems to shut off and every stage. If I kill the engine, the f700 has to reboot.

If I'm in RUN or ACC and the stereo is fully booted, then go to start the car - again, it has to reboot.

Is there a way I can wire the stereo to remain on (except when there is no key in the ignition or the ignition is OFF)

Thanks.

check your wiring, it may be incorrect...

Your system must be doing a complete shut down when the key is switched off, thus rebooting in full when ignition is turned on again.

1) The power wiring (YELLOW) is to be fulltime 12 volt (always hot),

2) The ACC (accessory) wire(RED) is to be hooked to a switched 12 volt source/wire (hot only when key is "on").

The ignition(key) would then shut the system down when key is turned off, but the yellow power wire would maintain the proper power to keep the system from having a full power loss and full shut-off.