AVIC411.com

Avic Z2 + Ipod Adapter CDIB100II questions

so i am looking to get the ipod adapter (CDIB100II ) for my Z2 using the Ipod Touch 2nd Gen, just wanted to ask a few questions

...is the touch screen use fully compatible with the Z2?

the online description shows the following models only (i am assuming they don't update there description when new models come out???):

• Full Touch-Panel Control models: AVIC-Z1, AVIC-N3, AVH-P7800DVD, AVH-P6800DVD, AVH-P5700DVD

...also is there any difference in sound quality (good or bad) between the ipod and the unit?

I've had the adapter for about 6 months now, and I love it. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:

Adequate cable length and strength - well made

Seamless integration

Sound is unbelievable - better than XM

Can scroll through all of the menus/playlists

Shows artist/song/album

Control iPod/iPhone from Z-2

Cons:

Cable is not retractable - you need to find a way to store it, or it is always exposed

No video capability, even with bypass

Scrolling through menus is tedious and slow; no way to search

Does not show album art

Does not charge iPhones or iTouches - will ask to go to Airplane mode to cut down on electrical noise, though I've never heard any

The adapter plug is big and bulky and will require you take some cases off

Overall, I think it is worth the money. I would buy another one if this one ever crapped out on me. I attribute the slowness of the menus to the Z-2, itself. If you need to find a song THAT quick, unplug the iPod, search it, then plug it back in. Another added benefit is that it will play sound from any app you're in on the iPhone/iTouch. So if you like NFSU or Heavy Machinery and wondered what it would sound like over a kick-ass system, plug it in.

• 2 weeks later...
I had been using a 1st generation Ipod Nano with my Z2 and it charged fine but it was stolen and I now have a 4th gen nano which plays just fine except that it won't charge.

Is there any kind of adapter or anything I can do to remedy this?

No. I also have a 4th generation Nano after using a 1st generation. I've checked, and the adapter manufacturers specifically say that their adapters will not work on the Pioneer system. I'm resigned to getting the next generation Z when we buy our next car.

• 3 months later...

Can someone send me a tuturorial on how to connect the CDIB100II to the unit for ipod/iphone compatibility? Clearly the connections are behind the unit requiring a removal of the unit in order to get to the back side. This is not plug and play w/o removing hardware correct? I did not notice a connect to the z3 in front side of unit. thanks in advance.