AVIC411.com

AVIC-F700bt UPDATE 3.0 CNSD-100FM NEW MAPS

I just pre-purchased a COPY of the v3.0 update from Pioneer's site - they have a SALE on it for $60 currently on their website !!!!!

I know its hasn't been released but I own two F700bt's.... and I only purcahsed one set of maps. Do you think I will be able to install the maps on both units or will the AVIC write back to the two SD Cards and make them inoperable so I won't be able to install it in my second F700bt ???

Any help would be amazing .... even though it hasn't been released just yet.

Thank you for any help !!!!

If you guys have install questions - feel free to ask- I'm a 10yr installer !!!!

Steve

Ellasman ..

That pre-release special from Pioneer has been up there since mid June .. thats when I ordered mine. As for the writeback .. no, it will not write anything on there during the installation, however, if you leave the SD in there once its completed, the AVIC will use the SD card for saving information that YOU create ,, in other words, things like custom POI's.

If you are worried that it would .. as Christy123 stated, there is a slider on the side of the SD card that you card lock the ability to write to it.

Overall .. there should be no problem in regards to installing this on multiple units.