AVIC411.com

D2 power up problem when starting, random

I've tried to search, but can't seem to come up with the right combination of keywords to find a solution.

I've reinstalled my D2 into a 2009 H3, had it in 2006 and 2007 H3 and pulled it out of both (also did the initial install).

Since I put it in, about half the time when I start the truck the unit doesn't start up (I can hear the fan running, but the screen doesn't move to the tilted position and is blank). I also hear the chime module chime once. If I shut the truck off and restart, it comes up fine. Other things (AC, dash lights) come on, so it doesn't seem like the key switch isn't going to the run position.

Unit is installed with Peripheral interface and chime module (same as in previous truck), I also have an aftermarket HD radio tuner (also in previous). I haven't noticed if the HD tuner powers up, I just tried to duplicate the problem and it won't happen (of course). I have the HD tuner getting its switched power from the peripheral adapter, but that is the same way I had it in the other truck. If HD tuner doesn't power up next time it happens, I'll disconnect it and see what happens.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Ok, more information. Someone has to have had this problem before.

The issue seems to be with either the peripheral GMAH24 module or the aux relay. When I start the truck, the relay doesn't always activate. Unfortunately, I didn't check to see if the coil has power, but my feeling is that it doesn't, so for some reason the peripheral module isn't providing it. Relays are pretty simple devices, and usually stick closed, not open, so I have a feeling the relay is fine.

I did discover the peripheral website says the module isn't compatible with the 2009 H3 due to the factory bluetooth, but everything else (including the bluetooth!) seems to work fine, after the relay activates.

I sent a question a couple of days ago to peripheral tech support, but no answer yet.

Only a mild annoyance, but I really like to have things work correctly.