AVIC411.com

backup camera recommendations for f90bt

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have used several of these cheap cameras and they are all pretty bad. These are CMOS cameras and give a less then good picture quality, especially at night. Many of them will collect water during a heavy rain or at the car wash. All the ones I tried were completely non functional in six months. Spend more money and get a CCD camera.

I have the pioneer NDBC02 and it is awesome. You can definitely tell the difference between the aforementioned CMOS cameras compared to the CCD cameras like the pioneer. Although, most CCD cameras are more expensive and usually use a "brain box" versus the cheap less bulky CMOS cameras.

The BOYO cameras are very popular with members of this site and I have used several of them including the one I use now. Blow are screen shots of the one I use. Its from when I had the DNX9140 but the picture quality is do to the camera, not the unit. These cameras run about 100 bucks and come in several license plate mounting forms.

post-2925-12872760936227_thumb.jpg

post-2925-1287276093831_thumb.jpg

When I had my F90 it took between 8-10 seconds for the cam to come on. Way too long. Sometimes it would not even come on at all. Many other members on here had the same problem. Just one of the many inconsistent OS issues with those units. You may have better results but don't expect to.

I just installed an ND-BC2 and it displays pretty consistently prior to the radio completely booting up. I read one member stating that his worked great at first but then started to not show after a while until the radio was completely booted. I'll post up as time goes on but I'm pretty okay with the camera/radio combo right now. Only okay because I expected the night vision to be a little better but It's a ton better than the cmos cameras that I've seen on my co-workers vehicles. The ND-BC2 was an EBAY score or I would have gone with a cheaper ccd chinese knockoff. I got the camera and a AVD-W6210 monitor for 210$. This monitor has a breakout box with multiple inputs and outputs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...