AVIC411.com

Buying DVD Map Update Copies on Ebay

About a week ago I bought

"Pioneer Navigation SET East&West CNDV-80MT 2009 Update!" for $21 on Ebay. I read the feedback for the seller and knew that the disks that were coming were in fact copies. Today I got my two disks, not even as pictured on the auction, while I don't care about the graphic on the disk, the auction shows two disks with the Pioneer graphics. What I got were 2 blank Memorex DL disks with sharpie writing, "West" and "East".

Ok, no big deal, I pop the west into my AVIC D3 and get a "read error" message, I pop in the east and it appears to start loading data up updating something. Then a grey box pops up and tells me inappropriate disk insert the appropriate disk. Well at that point it won't accept any disk, not the previous 2007 originals or the new copies. It will still play CD's, IPOD and radio but won't allow me to press the "Nav menu" button in the upper right corner.

I had read on here that if you could change the languages you could get it to re-load but I can't seem to get it to that point to select "settings" within the Nav Menu. I've done the reset with the ignition ON and with the Ignition OFF. Same deal, grey box with inappropriate disk load appropriate disk or a black screen.

Perhaps some one knows how to do a master reset or something to resolve this. In any event take care when you think about saving money and buying DVD copies of the Map Updates. Mine did NOT work. :cry:

• 3 months later...

I have the same problem but with the originals cd's. I have the black screen with the gray band that said: "Incorrect cd, please insert appropiate cd" or some thing like that and it's also in french and german one under the oder...

I call pioneer and they give me an adress to send the unit with $200 money order....I still don't know to laught or cry... thats a bad joke and the worst customer service ever spected...

If some one know how to fix that problem it will be more than appreciated....

Thank's!!!