AVIC411.com

I've loaded several groups of the POI's using the KPL files

I've loaded several groups of the POI's using the poi files on the SD card, they appear correctly on Avic Feeds and while driving I can see them on my map. I have so far loaded bank, tim hortons and gas station poi's.

When looking at built in POI's you select 'Near Me' or 'Near Destination' then select yourcatagory, to help you plan a route.

When the custom POI's are loaded they appear under 'Avic Feeds' and you see the catagories of the POI's you've loaded. However there is no way to tell it to show you only the custom POI's near you or your destination.

Is there a way to customize the unit to load the Avic Feeds POI's directly into the regular POI system? So when I click POI search I can then select my catagory (assume we create avic) then a sub catagory 'tim hortons' to improve search abiililty?

I currently have the AVIC-U310BT, this is the north american version of the AVIC-F310BT (UK Sku Number)

How do u make ur own poi using avic?

Yes, you can read the manual and install the AVIC Feeds software to create POI's or download KML files from your favorite POI website.

Place the KML files on a SD card in the directory \NDB\CUSTOMPOI

Once you've done this you should then see the custom POI's under Avic Feeds.

In general, if you are posting a question you should start a new thread, if anyone has any help for my origional question please let me know.

How do u make ur own poi using avic?

Yes, you can read the manual and install the AVIC Feeds software to create POI's or download KML files from your favorite POI website.

Place the KML files on a SD card in the directory \NDB\CUSTOMPOI

Once you've done this you should then see the custom POI's under Avic Feeds.

In general, if you are posting a question you should start a new thread, if anyone has any help for my origional question please let me know.

You generally get better results if you just convert original ЛЬД files into UPOI format (same as when you create a POI manually on the AVIC). UPOI is a pretty generic text file, so it should be easy enough to make.