AVIC411.com

No Boot up and black screen from the start.

I did a search but if I missed this somewhere else I apologize, point me in the right direction and I'll go there. I read the post on the screen going black after 20 seconds but mine is black from the beginning and nothing works. I hear the hard disc spinning (at least I assume that's what I hear). I've tried the reset button and the menu, map, eject and reset button but neither method worked. I've also tried booting up with my back up files on SD card. The odd thing is that this has been going on for two days but this morning when I turned the ignition on, everything worked fine all the way to work but two hours later when I left, back to a black screen. I did do a software bypass a few months ago, then a firmware update two weeks ago but left the parking brake wire "grounded" to the chassis. A little bit ago I re-hooked the parking brake wire to pre-bypass condition. Sorry for rambling but I wanted all (even remotely) pertinent info included. Any help is appreciated.

Hey guys. I think I may have the same problem going on. I did the hard wire and software changes for the video speed changes and the unit worked fine for months. Then the other day it started this problem. When I start the truck I get music if there is a CD in the unit. But the screen is black. It starts with its normal colored line screen and then goes black. We have been able to get it to wake up by pressing buttons once in a awhile but not anymore. The unit acts OK other then this screen problem. Any idea's??? Help please