AVIC411.com

Any commuter from NJ to NY?

I'm driven that way twice, and it always knew I was in the tunnel. I have my VSS wire connected... not sure if that made a difference.

One thing that's related that I will bitch about, is that you can't AVOID tolls on this GPS... only allow or disallow them. That meant, from Philly, my options were a shit ton of tolls and a 1.5 hour drive, or a 500 mile drive and no tolls. Navigon definitely has this GPS beat in the Toll Avoidance department.

Oh well.

I wrote to Pioneer about it and they said they'd forward my email to the Project Developers, which I assume means the Trash Can, but still lol

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. It keeps leading me to the NJ Turnpike and I don't want to pay $$$ in tolls!

I also have my VSS connected. How can you be sure the VSS is connected? When the navigation speed matches your speed on the speedometer?

How can you be sure the VSS is connected? When the navigation speed matches your speed on the speedometer?

No, when you're moving GPS only can estimate your speed with a very high degree of accuracy. My F700 feeds me the same speed (more accurate, actually) as my speedometer, and it's VSS-less.

• 2 weeks later...