AVIC411.com

How do I get information on the POIs that are on the map? I can not find this in the manual.

Like when you are driving down the road you see a knife and fork on the screen. Even with my old Omnitech GPS, you touch the poi icon and it will tell you the info such as McDonald's and the address, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't think clicking the icon and getting it's info is possible, unless maybe someone can mod it. However, what you can do is click on the Map Confirmation Screen button (under the 3D/2D map button) and then click on the Info button, which should then give you a list of all the POIs in your current position.

Thanks for the help, i guess i will have to adapt.

the info screen will give you a list of all poi's in the area correct?

i have mine set to only show gas stations and food on the map and it would be nice to tap the icon and find out what the place is.

I am kind of amazed that the avic is not capable of this. Even my 8 year old pocket PC with the compact flash GPS plugged into the top could do this (destinator software) but the avic sure looks a lot better :)

Thanks for the help, i guess i will have to adapt.

the info screen will give you a list of all poi's in the area correct?

i have mine set to only show gas stations and food on the map and it would be nice to tap the icon and find out what the place is.

I am kind of amazed that the avic is not capable of this. Even my 8 year old pocket PC with the compact flash GPS plugged into the top could do this (destinator software) but the avic sure looks a lot better :)

This particular functionality isn't supported by the navigation software (iGO). It is possible (some skins do it) to get a pop-up to appear when you click on a point on the map with a list of POI's nearest to that point, but AFAIK nobody attached it to AVIC yet. For now, it is possible to click the map to set a cursor location, then use the point info button to see all POIs nearest to that location...