AVIC411.com

D2 Map updates or lack there of

thanks, i will check the vss wire. i thought it was odd that the same thing happened on the return trip. i doubt that it was a weak signal issue because i was in the middle of the anza/borrego dessert (so cal), but i will check next time i am in the area. any quick steps you can suggest to zip me through the menu so i can check the signal strength? if not, i will resort to the manual, as my intuitive skills haven't matched those of the d2's.

thanks

wow, does that make sense on any level (the water)? i have navigated from so cal to the tip of baja at least 20 times, never had a problem. as well as all of the boats i have had. of course we're talking about considerably more advancd marine electronics. i wonder if the water you are speaking of has an excessively high salt content? could cause increased or abnormal electrical or magnetic levels? just a guess.

I have a friend who lives near the water, and you don't get any signal from anything around there. No cell, no satellite radio, and no GPS. Whenever a nav system is around there the car goes flying into the water.

I think it'd have to be the Bermuda Triangle to pull a car off the road and into the water, especially if the car is moving. :shock: