AVIC411.com

new avic d3 owner nav probs

Hi guys i'm new to this forum and avic d3 as well 'anyway I bought this avic on ebay from a guy " like new" only used a few months etc. and it is very clean. the problem is all functions work a/v but the navi is a diff story, I can punch in a route ,it will come up and lock in and show a straight shot route if I drive the route I get no turn by turn directions at all, the voice works when you push the spot it says "continue on this road" or something like that, that's it though. any thoughts, I hate to send it to pioneer for 200.00 the speed sensor is not hooked up my install guy says you don't need to, the gps locks on shows where you are etc. in the vehicle dynamics screen it shows the velocity speed turn speed etc, the screen that shows signal strength for the gps shows good strength. also the route view and guide & drivers view don't work I'm assuming it's because the speed sensor wire is not hooked up ?? thanks for any help in advance the vehicle is a 2000 toy 4-runner, and any thoughts on the speed sensor /vss if I should make him hook it up, I payed good money for the install, Mike

• 2 weeks later...

When you say you get no turn-by-turn directions at all, do you mean voice prompts, or the turn arrow doesn't pop up on the screen?

There are two settings to check:

The first is in the "Volume" setting. Make sure the voice prompts are not muted and turned up to a suitable volume.

Next, in the nav settings make sure the "close up" option is turned on (not sure the exact name of this setting). When you're approaching a turn, it will zoom in and give you a detailed layout of the upcoming variation of direction.

Check those and get back to us.

Not to disappoint you but it does act screwy. try resetting it. (reset button). I've had mine for lmost three years and jsut now the nav acts funny. the arrow goes the wrong way, takes too long to recalculate. I've had both the Eclipse and Alpine and the Pioneer has been the worst. But I don't travel much so I'm not too mad about it. I would like to get a kenwood instead. Just my 2 cents :)

When you say you get no turn-by-turn directions at all, do you mean voice prompts, or the turn arrow doesn't pop up on the screen?

There are two settings to check:

The first is in the "Volume" setting. Make sure the voice prompts are not muted and turned up to a suitable volume.

Next, in the nav settings make sure the "close up" option is turned on (not sure the exact name of this setting). When you're approaching a turn, it will zoom in and give you a detailed layout of the upcoming variation of direction.

Check those and get back to us.

thanks for the replys, the volume is up ,you can push one of the touchscreen buttons on the left side and she will always say the same thing"continue on the road you're on" or something like that, and the close up option is on as well I believe, another prob is it only zooms to .5 mi is that normal?? If you try to go closer a screen pops up that says that option is not avail on this disc or something similar any help is greatly appreciated

Maybe there is something goofy with your disc? Mine zooms in to .1 Do you have another disc to try? Sorry I can't be of more help..

eGo

thanks for the reply, no I don't have another disc, someone else had that same thought, would doing a reset do any good? and which reset the tiny pin button or the one in the touchscreen menu?? oh and I got the speed sensor wire hooked up now, doesn't seem to do much differently except it's working in 3D mode now instead of simple hybrid

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the help and ideas, It is working great now, it was the disc, factory west causing issues, must have gotten corrupted somehow, got a new copy from rich at same day audio repair out of Va. I believe, he's the guy that runs specials on ebay for service on avic d3s, I'd highly recommend him ,VERY knowledgeable, great,super ,awesome guy! can you tell I'm a little excited to have my unit working 100%, sure was better than giving pioneer $200.00 :):):)