AVIC411.com

Ipod available but no sound/Sirius nothing. IP Bus?

Just finished up the Z1 install in a 2007 Element.

I have the IP bus going OUT of the Ipod unit and IN to the Sirius unit. Then OUT of the Sirius and into the Z1.

I can see the menu on the ipod, search for songs, play songs etc but there is no sound at all. Just the little timer saying it is playing.

The sirius never becomes "available" not greyed out... after install.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rodric

bad unit? but try switching the ip bus cables, just to be sure.

sirius should say updating when first installed, IF sat is getting to the unit itll take a moment then play the emergency channel. then you sould hear the sirius... then activate it..

Rodric,

First did you fix your "no sound with CD"?

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2632

If you aren't getting sound playing a CD, then fix that first. If everything in the Z1 works as it should, then lets move to this problem.

The IP Bus Cables are very picky about orientation and location.

Generally when you have access but no sound you have the cables in the right receptacles but they are backwards. Each cable has a blue end and a black end. The blue end goes into the Z1 and the black end goes into the first device in the black receptacle and then the blue end of the next cable goes into the blue receptacle of the first device and the black end goes into the black receptacle of the second device. Just double check the color and orientation of the cables.

Since the Sirius is between the ipod and the Z1, that might be your problem. Double check the power and ground for it. Make sure the IP bus cables are right. If that all works, try switching the ipod adapter in between the sirius and the Z1. If you then get sound, then I would agree with tillithz as the sirius module is a bad unit. Even if you haven't paid for service yet and even if you are inside a garage and get no signal, the button should be available on the Z1.

I did fix the no sound issue. Never in a million years would I have though to check the power antenna button. Good lookin' out! And god bless the internet!!!!

I originally had the cables in wrong, but caught it before I put everything back together. Switched them, still have the problem. I will try and isolate each unit and see what I get.... these things are sure more complicated than the "good old days", one harness plug and play and your rollin'....

I originally had the cables in wrong, but caught it before I put everything back together. Switched them, still have the problem. I will try and isolate each unit and see what I get.... these things are sure more complicated than the "good old days", one harness plug and play and your rollin'....

Yes they are... but when you get it all working, I think it's worth it. These things are very handy and have tons of options and functions for "entertainment" in your vehicle.